|Legal Counsel Assistant/Paralegal|
BrainPOP, the global leader in online animated educational resources, seeks a legal counsel assistant or paralegal.
- Supporting corporate governance processes, bookkeeping, and compliance
- Overseeing registration of new IP and maintaining existing IP registrations
- Conducting searches to ensure protection against infringement of IP by third parties, and preparing “cease and desist” letters
- Assisting in drafting agreements of various business transactions, including licensing, strategic partnership, consulting, confidentiality, vendor, reseller, and other agreements
- Assisting in preparing documents for submission of request of proposals and preparing documents for vendor applications in different states and districts
- Researching employment-related issues, including compliance with federal and state employment laws and regulations
- Conducting legal research and assisting legal counsel in preparing opinions on various legal topics
- Keeping and organizing department's files, legal library, and database
- Other duties and projects as assigned
- Associate’s degree in paralegal studies or bachelor's degree in another field
- 3-4 years experience as in-house paralegal or legal assistant
- Proven ability to conduct legal research and assist in preparation of legal reports and documents
- Certificate in paralegal studies preferred
- Knowledge of and experience in technology industries preferred
- Knowledge of employment and labor laws preferred
- Effective communication and drafting skills
- High organizational skills
- Computer skills
- Additional language preferred (Spanish, French, Hebrew or Chinese)
BrainPOP’s office is located in New York City. This position is full-time. To apply, send a brief cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include your full name and the code FABP in the email's subject. Please: no phone calls, no recruiters.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality or sex.
BrainPOP (www.brainpop.com) creates animated, curricular content that engages students, supports teachers, and bolsters achievement – in classrooms, at home, and on mobile devices. Our award-winning educational resources include BrainPOP Jr. (K-3), BrainPOP, BrainPOP Español, and, for English language learners, BrainPOP ESL. We are also home to
GameUp, an educational games portal for the classroom. All of our resources are supported by
BrainPOP Educators, our free professional community. BrainPOP sites and mobile apps support individual, team, and whole-class learning in traditional, blended, and “flipped” settings. Our content is mapped to the Common Core, aligned to academic standards, and easily searchable with our Standards tool. BrainPOP global sites host more than 11 million visits each month.
Back to Job Listings