Consulting position based out of our New York City office, reporting to Creative Director. Entails work across several time zones, so flexible work hours will sometimes be required.
BrainPOP, a global leader in online animated educational resources, seeks an excellent User Experience Architect/Designer with a solid background in data-driven web-based applications for kids. You will work on an educational platform used by school administrators, teachers, and elementary and middle school students.
- Develop Flash front-end for various database-driven applications
- Develop (in conjunction with designers) original educational games and features
- Update and maintain a host of existing Flash applications, working in conjunction with another Flash developer
- Design engaging interaction models for core functionality of the platform
- Construct elegant, innovative application pages based on UI guidelines to ensure pages are standards compliant, universally accessible, and cross-browser compatible
- Evaluate and improve upon existing page and interface designs, while creating templates for new pages and interfaces
- Present recommendations on functionality, navigation, scalability, user accounts and moderation/storage of user generated content
- Update developers and creative team on current user interface best practices and emerging technologies
- Identify needs, and translate key concepts into information architecture
- Rapidly create static and dynamic prototypes for a web-browser based platform
- Minimum three years in front-end/UI design role for web applications
- Experience building information architecture, wire-frames, screen designs, templates, data flow optimization and diagrams, sitemaps, logical menu flow, usage patterns, content strategy, and use-case scenarios
- Comfort developing multi-level user group designs
- Experience completing full project cycles, from concept to deployment, including strategy, architecture, design, implementation, debugging, and support
- Experience working on social media applications, e-learning platforms, learning management systems, content management systems, web-based/mobile educational products, or virtual worlds/gaming environments for kids not required, but a huge plus
- Strong graphic design and UI sense
- Familiarity with common design, image processing, production, and web 2.0 tools
- Ability to hand code in HTML, CSS is a plus.
- Excellent problem-solving, documentation, and English skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
To apply for this job, send a brief cover letter, resume, and links to your online portfolio or sample websites reflecting your work to email@example.com. Please add your full name to the email's subject. No phone calls.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality or sex.
Back to Job Listings