Summer is the perfect time for students to take charge of their own learning. Here are some ideas from our lesson plan bank for extending summer learning for students using BrainPOP:
- Challenge kids to become BrainPOP experts! They can identify their personal interests and connect to their world as they learn about things that are important to them.
- Encourage students to download the free BrainPOP Featured Movie app. They can watch a different movie every day!
- Have students blog about the books they read throughout the summer.
- Invite students to read different books by a favorite author and investigate the life and works of that author.
- Challenge your class to explore the games in Game Up. Can they “beat” any of the games? Ask students to report back in the fall about the strategies they used to win.
- Suggest that students document their learning using digital photography and share the images using web 2.0 tools.
- Encourage students to write their own BrainPOP script or even produce their own movie on a topic they’re interested in.
Want even more ideas? Sign up for a special “Summer Fun with BrainPOP” webinar on June 20th. Also, we’d love to see your students’ summer learning projects using BrainPOP. Please send them to us at email@example.com.