Coordinate Grids Lesson Plan: Game Over Gopher Game

August 27, 2014

In this lesson plan which is adaptable for grades 4-6, students use BrainPOP resources (including a free online math game) to explore coordinate grids and planes. ...

Mental Math Lesson Plan: Gate Game

June 23, 2014

In this lesson plan, which is adaptable for grades 5-8, students will use a free math game to construct increasingly large numbers. They will practice skills in mental math, place value, operations (i...

Multiplying with Mental Math Lesson Plan: Multiplication Blocks Game

March 17, 2014

In this lesson plan which is adaptable for grades 2-6, students use BrainPOP resources (including a free online interactive game) to practice multiplying numbers to create target amounts. Students wil...

Teaching with Monster School Bus: Math Snacks and GameUP

March 13, 2014

In this tutorial video, follow exemplary teacher, Sharon Johnson, as she uses the game "Monster School Bus" with her class. She shares some of the strategies she uses for engaging the class in discuss...

Sortify: Instruments Discussion Starters

February 28, 2014

Use these Sortify Discussion Starters to help students reflect on their learning during and after the Sortify: Instruments game, and expand the discussion to how game play relates to real life. ...

Sortify Game Lesson Ideas: An Adaptable Overview

February 27, 2014

This page provides Sortify game lesson ideas for BrainPOP's Sortify game. The ideas are adaptable for any subject area and any grade level (K-12.) Learn how the Sortify game can be used as a playful a...

New on GameUp: Math + Science Game Project T.R.I.G.

February 19, 2014

A new math and science game is now available on GameUp! Project T.R.I.G. was created by Math Playground. This 12 level game allows students to interact with speed and angle variables to control th...

Teacher Resources and Assessment Strategies for Monster School Bus

January 30, 2014

This screencast outlines teacher support materials and assessment strategies for using the Monster School Bus math game by New Mexico State University's Learning Games lab....

Design Your Own Sortify Game

January 29, 2014

Print copies of the Game Designer Planning Log below and challenge students to design their own paper version ...

Project T.R.I.G. Math Game

January 15, 2014

Visit the lesson ideas page to find more resources for the Project T.R.I.G., a free online math game....