Isaac Newton

Gravity and calculus and telescopes, oh my! In this BrainPOP movie, Tim and Moby introduce you to English scientist Sir Isaac Newton, one of the most influential figures in the history of science. Learn all about Newton’s education, and how he almost became a farmer! Explore the groundbreaking contributions he made to the fields of physics, mathematics and astronomy, and discover the “second career” that earned Newton his knighthood. And find out the truth behind that famous falling apple, once and for all!

Newton’s Laws of Motion Lesson Plan: Impulse Game

In this lesson plan which is adaptable for grades 3-12, students will use BrainPOP resources (including an online game) to explore Newton's first and second laws of motion and his law of universal gravitation This lesson plan is aligned to Common Core State Standards.  See more »

Solar System Game Lesson Plan: Build and Learn

In this lesson plan, which is adaptable for grades 3-8, students use BrainPOP resources to define a celestial body and explain how objects orbit and rotate. Students then use online gaming tools to create a replica of our solar system. This lesson plan is aligned to Common Core State Standards.  See more »

Famous Historical Figures Lesson Plan: Who Am I?

In this lesson plan, which is adaptable for any grade level, students use BrainPOP resources to explore the life and works of historical figures. Students will research their selected historical figure, create a "Who Am I?" bag of clues about their figure, and invite classmates to deduce which historical figure they researched. This lesson plan is aligned to Common Core State Standards.  See more »

Comments