The Sortify Game: A New Experiment in Playful Assessment

April 14, 2014

Sortify is a brand new offering from BrainPOP's GameUp that's designed to be used as a playful assessment. It’s an open-ended tool that is flexible enough to work for all grade levels (K-12) and ma...

Using the “Sorting Organizer” Games Activity in TSN-2

April 3, 2014

This tutorial provides an overview of the "sorting organizer" games activity in The Sports Network 2. This activity covers the Common Core State Standard Reading for informational text 8.3...

Using the “Idea Centralizer” Games Activity in TSN-2

April 3, 2014

This tutorial provides an overview of the "idea centralizer" games activity in The Sports Network 2. This activity covers the Common Core State Standards Reading for Informational Text 8.1 and 8.2....

Multiply the Impact: Martin Esterman’s Newest Math Game

March 27, 2014

Originally Recorded March 2014 We recently welcomed Martin Esterman, 2012 National STEM Video Game Challenge winner, for a discussion and to take a look at his newest math game, Multiplication Bloc...

SpaceForce: Instructions for Online Physics Game Play

February 14, 2014

Check out SpaceForce, a physics game using force, motion, and mass to recover lost riches. Use the mouse cursor to highlight any of the objects located in the blue palette window at the top of the lev...

Do I Have a Right? Game Guide

January 23, 2014

Download this helpful teacher game guide for the Do I Have a Right? game provided by our partner, iCivics. You can find more ideas for supporting student learning with this game in our Do I Have a Rig...

Argument Wars Game Guide for Teachers

February 25, 2013

Use this Argument Wars game guide for teachers to understand about the game and enhance your students' learning experience while playing it....

Game-Based Learning Using Guts and Bolts

September 19, 2012

Superstar BrainPOP Educator Robert Miller provides a game-based learning overview screencast of BrainPOP's popular science and health learning game on body systems called Guts N' Bolts. Robert discus...