Participate in UCLA’s Game Based Learning Research Study

November 14, 2014

Our friends from UCLA's CRESST are conducting a game based learning research study about building science and social emotional skills with "Go Vector Go" and "Spaceforce;" 2 games featured on BrainPOP...

Guest Blogger Nili Bartley on Assessing Student Understanding With My BrainPOP

November 12, 2014

Guest blogger Nili Bartley from Hopkinton, MA is a 4th grade teacher who's embraced My BrainPOP as part of her classroom culture. Read on to learn about Nili's experience using My BrainPOP's features ...

Guest Blogger Nili Bartley on My BrainPOP, Grammar and the Flipped Classroom

October 10, 2014

Today's guest blogger, 4th grade teacher Nili Bartley from Hopkinton MA attended our first "Certified BrainPOP Educator"  workshop at ISTE 2014 in Atlanta. Read on to learn about Nili's success using...

Using BrainPOP ESL In Rural Areas of Vietnam

October 8, 2014

Guest-blogger Ronit Nitzan-Inbar shares her experience using BrainPOP ESL to support English language learners in Vietnam. An Israeli living in Hanoi, Ronit has lived in the country for the past three...

New on GameUp: After the Storm Literacy Game

October 6, 2014

Categories: GameUP Guest Blogger
Today we're welcoming Patty Grossman from Classroom, Inc. to the blog. Patty is going to share more about a brand new literacy game her team developed called After the Storm. Thank you, Patty! How ...

Learn Principles of Ed Tech and Game Design with EdX online MOOC

September 19, 2014

You may be already be familiar with our colleagues at MIT's Education Arcade and Scheller Teacher Education Programs by playing any one of the three Lure of the Labyrinth math games on GameUp! Perhaps...

Avoiding the “Summer Slump” with Math Games

June 26, 2014

Today's guest blogger, Derek Lomas, shares research about the dreaded summer slump and ways to support students from losing progress over the summer. Derek is a  learning scientist at Carnegie Mellon...

Teach Coding with Robot Turtles!

May 23, 2014

BrainPOP is known for digital animations and games, but we invited guest blogger Charlotte Fixler to share about a fantastic non-digital board game that teaches principles of coding entitled Robot Tu...

What Video Games Can Teach Educators

April 7, 2014

Last week, guest blogger Caryn Swark shared her tips and tricks for game design in the classroom. Now, she's taken to her own blog to explore the benefits of video games for educators. With an interes...

Mixin’ it Up With the Common Core! Guest Blogger Kara Wilkins Shares Creative Ways to Use the BrainPOP Mixer

October 10, 2012

Guest Blogger and BrainPOP Educator Kara Wilkins is chair of the Social Studies Department at Hudson Memorial School in Hudson, New Hampshire. My name is Kara Wilkins. I have been teaching at Huds...