More Citizen Science Lesson Ideas

June 6, 2014

Game Learning Society (GLS) has provided 5 additional lesson plans for the Citizen Science game. Visit their site to view and download the following PDFs: Citizen Science - Cause and Effect Lesson...

You Make Me Sick Teacher Support Overview

May 19, 2014

This short video provides information on the BrainPOP materials that accompany the You Make Me Sick science game. You’ll learn about our lesson plan, teacher’s guide, customizable game quiz, and m...

Sortify Educational Game Trailer

April 4, 2014

Categories: GameUP Health Games
Want to see the Sortify game in action? Check out this educational game trailer which explains how to play the game, as well as teaching and assessment tips for Sortify. You'll also see how students c...

Oncology: A Free Health Game

March 27, 2014

Oncology is a fantastic addition to our Health games. Created by our partners at LGN/Morgridge Institute for Research, this game allows students in grades 6-12 to take on the role of a newly hired ca...

Sortify Nutrition Game: Discussion Starters

February 28, 2014

Categories: GameUP Health Games
Use these Sortify Discussion Starters to help students reflect on their learning during and after the Sortify: Nutrition game, and expand the discussion to how game play relates to real life. Wh...

You Make Me Sick: My BrainPOP Additional Features

October 30, 2013

What are some My BrainPOP Additional features? Your students can sign up for individual logins through My BrainPOP, and then be able to take snapshots during You Make Me Sick game play! MyBrainPOP is ...

You Make Me Sick: Health Game Essential Questions and Learning Goals

May 31, 2013

How do organs and tissues interact with one another and carry out life functions? How do organ systems work and respond to changing demands of an organism? How are traits in organisms p...

You Make Me Sick: Differentiation Strategies

May 31, 2013

Some differentiation strategies in game play for You Make Me Sick include: In order to differentiate You Make Me Sick game play, learners with less prior knowledge can select an existing virus or bac...

You Make Me Sick: Preparing for Gameplay

January 24, 2013

When preparing for gameplay, set a purpose for learning by letting students know what they’ll be able to accomplish by playing the game: Explain some of the ways that people can avoid bacter...

Digestive System Lesson Plan: Build-A-Body Game

December 9, 2012

In this digestive system lesson plan which is adaptable for grades 6-12, students use a free online science interactive to learn about the organs and organ substructures of the human digestive system...