Making Change and Other Money Skills with BrainPOP Jr.

November 17, 2014

Categories: BrainPOP Jr. Math
Did you know that BrainPOP Jr. now offers a new movie called Making Change Under a Dollar? You can have students use the interactive game to practice making change, or complete the printable activi...

Mental Math Lesson Plan: Gate Game

June 23, 2014

In this lesson plan, which is adaptable for grades 5-8, students will use a free math game to construct increasingly large numbers. They will practice skills in mental math, place value, operations (i...

BrainPOP Refinements and the Common Core State Standards

March 17, 2014

Like all educational content providers, BrainPOP has been adjusting to the curricular demands of the Common Core State Standards.  We've addressed the changes by creating new content, making alignmen...

STEM Lesson Plans

March 6, 2014

BrainPOP's STEM spotlight highlights topics from Energy Sources and Digital Animation to Electric Circuits and Statistics. Lesson plans for these topics and more are all included in this STEM spotligh...

Practical Math Spotlight Lesson Plans

February 28, 2014

BrainPOP's Practical Math spotlight highlights topics from Comparing Prices and Estimating Distance to Graphs and Statistics. Lesson plans for these topics and more are all included in this Practical ...

Project T.R.I.G. Math Game

January 15, 2014

Visit the lesson ideas page to find more resources for the Project T.R.I.G., a free online math game....

Projectile Motion Lesson Plan: The Project T.R.I.G. Game

January 15, 2014

In this lesson plan which is adaptable for grades 6-12, students explore the mathematics of projectile motion using a free online game. Students will apply their knowledge of math and physics (includi...

New on GameUp: Carpenter’s Cut

September 6, 2013

Categories: GameUP Math
BrainPOP is excited to include Carpenter's Cut in our collection of Math, Engineering and Technology games on GameUp! Developed by our partner Hooda Math, the Carpenter's Cut game allows students t...

Fibonacci Sequence Lesson Plan: Numbers in Nature

July 21, 2013

Categories: Lesson Plans Math
In this lesson plan which is adaptable for grades 6-8, students will use BrainPOP resources to explore the Fibonacci sequence, learning what it is and where it originated from. Students will then de...

Adding with Mental Math Lesson Plan: Addition Blocks Game

May 29, 2013

Categories: GameUP Math
In this lesson plan which is adaptable for grades 1-5, students use BrainPOP resources (including a free online interactive game) to practice combining numbers to create target amounts. Students will ...