Hispanic Heritage Month Spotlight Lesson Plans

March 6, 2014

BrainPOP's Hispanic Heritage Month spotlight highlights topics from Aztec and Maya Civilizations to Che Guevara and Mexican Revolution. Lesson plans for these topics and more are all included in this...

Election Spotlights Lesson Plans

February 20, 2014

BrainPOP's Election spotlight highlights topics from Branches of Government and Democracy to Presidential Power and Voting. Lesson plans for these topics and more are all included in this Election S...

New Social Studies Game: Mission U.S. Cheyenne Odyssey

February 15, 2014

The Mission U.S. Cheyenne Odyssey game is now live on BrainPOP's GameUp! Brought to you by WNET 13 New York Public Media, this free social studies game immerses students in U.S. history through inte...

American Revolution Timeline: Interactive Tool and Lesson Ideas

February 3, 2014

In these lesson ideas which are adaptable for grades 3-12, students use a free interactive American Revolution timeline to explore the sequence of events in the American Revolution. The Revolutionary ...

Writing, Reasoning, & Civics Lesson Plan: Drafting Board Game

January 24, 2014

In this writing, reasoning, and civics lesson plan, which is adaptable for grades 5-12, students use BrainPOP resources (including an online game) to explore the process of producing clear and polishe...

Constitutional Law Lesson Plan: Do I Have a Right? Game

January 23, 2014

In this constitutional law lesson plan, which is adaptable for grades 5-12, students use BrainPOP resources (including an online game) to explore constitutional law and citizen's rights. Students will...

November Spotlight – American Indians

November 7, 2013

This November, check out our Spotlight: American Indians.  In BrainPOP's careful and sensitive way, our movies explain the wide variety of culture and peoples indigenous to the Americas.  Topics inc...

Addressing the Government Shutdown With Students

October 1, 2013

For the first time in 17 years, the U.S. government has shut down due to a Congressional impasse over the federal budget. Many students will have questions about the causes and implications of this hi...

“I Have a Dream” at 50: Teaching the Legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

August 27, 2013

"I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by their character." -Martin Luther King, Jr. It was a call ...

Reconstruction

July 10, 2013

Learn all about Reconstruction in this student-made, BrainPOP-inspired video by Robert Miller's 4th & 5th graders from Port Orange, Florida....