Determine or clarify the meaning of unknown and multiple-meaning word and phrases based on grade 3 reading and content, choosing flexibly from a range of strategies.

I vs. Me Lesson Plan: Conventions of Standard English

Posted by rachele on

*Click to open and customize your own copy of the I vs. Me Lesson Plan.  This lesson accompanies the BrainPOP topic I vs. Me and supports the standard of ensuring subject-verb and pronoun-anteceden...

Long I Grade 3 Lesson Plan: Write About It

Posted by Dana Burnell on

In this lesson plan, third graders use BrainPOP Jr. resources to learn about the long “i” sound. They discover what letter combinations create this sound and the subtle differences in how the long “i”...

Allen Say Grade 3 Lesson Plan: Make-a-Map

Posted by rachele on

In this lesson plan, third graders use BrainPOP Jr. resources to learn about author Allen Say. They explore comparing themes of stories written by the same author. Then they apply their understanding ...

Harriet Tubman Lesson Plan: Identify Character Traits

In this lesson plan, students use BrainPOP Jr. resources to learn about Harriet Tubman. They’ll discover how she escaped slavery, and later risked her life to lead others to freedom as a conductor on ...

Harriet Tubman Lesson Plan: Diary Entry

Posted by jglassman on

In this lesson plan, students use BrainPOP Jr. resources to learn about Harriet Tubman. They’ll discover how she escaped slavery, and later risked her life to lead others to freedom as a conductor on ...

Long U Grade 3 Lesson Plan: Write About It

In this lesson plan, third graders use BrainPOP Jr. resources to learn about the long u sound. They discover what letter combinations create this sound and the subtle differences in how “long u” sound...

Gratitude Grade 3 Lesson Plan: Make-a-Map

Posted by jglassman on

Grade Level: Third Grade In this lesson plan, third graders use BrainPOP Jr. resources to explore the concept of gratitude. They learn how being grateful can help them be a better friend and show c...

Living and Nonliving Things, Grade 3 Lesson Plan: Make-a-Map

Posted by jglassman on

Grade Level: Third Grade In this lesson plan, second graders use BrainPOP Jr. resources to learn the differences between  living and nonliving things. They also explore similarities among all livin...

Empathy Grade 3 Lesson Plan: Make-a-Map

Posted by jglassman on

Grade Level: Third Grade In this lesson plan, third graders use BrainPOP Jr. resources to explore the concept of empathy. They discover what it means to think about and understand how other people ...

Hibernation Background Information for Teachers, Parents and Caregivers

Posted by SM Bruner on

This page provides information to support educators and families in teaching K-3 students about hibernation. It is designed to complement the Hibernation topic page on BrainPOP Jr. Before exploring...