Yes. The current Featured Movie app offers three levels of access. “Free” access is the default. It gives you a fresh Featured Movie and its related quiz every day, free of charge. “Explorer Level Access” gives you the Featured Movie and its quiz, plus four related movies and quizzes, every day. This subscription is $1.99 a month. “Full Access” gives you the Featured Movie and its quiz, plus unlimited access to our more than 750 movies and quizzes. This subscription is $6.99 a month.
Yes. The current BrainPOP Jr. Movie of the Week app offers three levels of access. ”Free Access” is the default. It gives you a fresh movie and its related quizzes and comic every week, free of charge. “Explorer Level Access” gives you the Movie of the Week and its quizzes and comic, plus three additional related topics, every week. This subscription is $1.99 a month. “Full Access” gives you the Movie of the Week and its quizzes, plus unlimited access to hundreds of movies, quizzes, comics, and more. This subscription is $5.99 a month.
All transactions are handled in-app via iTunes. If you have questions about refunds, or managing or turning off your auto-renewing subscription, you’ll need to follow Apple’s guidance. Visit their FAQ page for more information.
First, you’ll need to view your app subscriptions on your device:
1. Go to the App Store from your device’s Home screen.
2. Tap Featured at the bottom of the screen and scroll to the bottom of the page.
3. Tap the Apple ID button in the lower-left corner. You must be signed in with the Apple ID used to purchase your subscription.
4. Select View Apple ID and enter your password.
5. Under Subscriptions, tap Manage. If you don’t have app subscriptions this will not be displayed.
Then, to turn off auto-renewal:
1. From the Subscriptions page, choose the app subscription you’d like to cancel.
2. Under Auto-Renewal, tap On to toggle the switch to Off.
3. You’ll receive a confirmation message; tap Turn Off to confirm your choice.
On occasion, app subscriptions can become disconnected after updates. When this happens, you’ll need to “restore” your subscription. You do not have a BrainPOP username and password since app subscriptions are tied to your Apple ID. To restore your app subscription, please follow the steps below.
1. Open the BrainPOP app
2. Click “More BrainPOP”
3. Click “Restore Subscription”
5. Enter your Apple ID password to reconnect your account
First, make sure the screen rotate lock switch on the side is not engaged. This can act as a mute button for some apps. Also make sure your volume is turned up. If that doesn’t work, double tap the home button to bring up the task bar. Swipe to the right: you should see a speaker icon at the far left. Tap that icon to un-mute system sounds. Then, return to the home screen.
If you are using iOS 7 on your device, the sound may be off due to an issue with iOS 7’s AssistiveTouch. Please check the following:
1. Go to…Settings->General->Accessibility->AssistiveTouch
2. Turn ON AssistiveTouch – an icon will appear on the screen
3. Touch the icon
4. Touch Device
5. Touch Unmute
6. Touch your way out of AssisitveTouch
7. Turn OFF AssistiveTouch
8. Some people have said that they had to RESTART the iPad as well
If these steps do not solve the problem, try uninstalling the app, hard-rebooting your device, and re-installing the app. You may also email us at email@example.com.
Yes! Your app subscription is tied to your iTunes account, so you’re able to use it on more than one device. If you’re using a new or different device and you’re prompted to log in or subscribe to the app, just hit the “Restore Subscription” button to use your current subscription. Keep in mind that no more than three people can use your subscription at the same time.
Yes! In the app, when you navigate to a movie other than the Featured Movie, you’ll be prompted to log in or subscribe for in-app access. Simply enter the same username and password you use to access BrainPOP.com. Note that any restrictions associated with your BrainPOP.com subscription – hours of use and simultaneous user limits, for example – apply in-app as well.
When the app is installed, your system administrator will be asked to link your BrainPOP subscription to your domain. In order to integrate for single sign on via Google Apps, you must have a subscription that is the same level as your Google Apps domain. For example, if you have a district-wide domain, you must have a district-wide BrainPOP subscription. If you’d like to take advantage of this integration before the system administrator can link the accounts, you can access our free content – including quizzes – through Google Apps.