Submitted by: Angela Watson
Grade Levels: 3-5, 6-8
In this lesson plan, which is adaptable for grades 3-8, students use BrainPOP resources to identify prime and composite numbers. Students will explore and extend these concepts through activities in a Promethean flip chart.
- Identify prime and composite numbers
prime numbers; whole numbers; factors; composite numbers; euclid; fundamental theorem of arithmetic; prime factorization; sieve of eratosthenes
Preparation:Create a free account with Promethean Planet in order to download the Prime and Composite Numbers Promethean Flip Chart.
- Display the FYI Comic for students and discuss. What is a good strategy for finding prime numbers?
- Show the Prime Numbers movie on BrainPOP.
- Pull up the Prime and Composite Numbers Promethean Flip Chart and complete the activities with students.
- Have students complete the Quiz as a warm-up activity for the following day's lesson or as an assessment tool.