Build a Meal Discussion Questions
- Did you notice any foods that significantly moved the calorie bar?
- Why do they think that is?
- What food could be added to make a meal more substantial and filling without excessively moving the calorie bar?
- Do all meals have to have a perfectly precise balance of nutrients, or can they be spaced out throughout the day? Why?
- What were the biggest challenges in creating a balanced diet in Build a Meal?
- What are the biggest challenges in real life?
Talk with students about the meals they created and facilitate a conversation around these Build A Meal discussion questions, then ask about anything the students learned that surprised them, or made them think differently about foods they often eat.