Why do I see a QuickTime icon with a white question mark over it?
Occasionally, QuickTime may try to incorrectly associate itself with Flash® files. When this happens, you can try the following.
- Close your web browser completely (File > Exit)
- Open the QuickTime application
- From the menus, select: Edit > Preferences > QuickTime Preferences
- Select Browser Plug-in from the drop-down list
- Click on the button marked MIME Settings
- Expand the Miscellaneous file format section by clicking on the plus sign in the upper left corner
- Uncheck the Flash file checkbox
- Click Apply and then OK
- Close QuickTime
- Open your web browser and see if the fix worked. BrainPOP's homepage contains multiple Flash files and is a good place to check.
If you're still having trouble, contact us.
228 users have voted.