|QA Test Lead|
BrainPOP is committed to supporting teachers and students wherever they learn, which means supporting a wide range of learning environments and devices. The QA Lead will work collaboratively - on site - to plan, define, document, and execute manual testing, and will work toward automating testing on BrainPOP’s websites, web apps and mobile applications across all major platforms.
BrainPOP has an open office with several teams developing projects at any one time. The QA Lead will be responsible for coordinating and conducting testing on a project-by-project basis, and will work alongside the rest of the QA team to ensure the optimal user experience for every user regardless of their technical setup and to help make BrainPOP even better. Local candidates only, please.
- Execute functional and unit test cases within identified time frames, within test environments and test data with high degree of accuracy. This includes manual end-to-end testing.
- Develop test plans, test cases, test scripts and test reports on multiple projects of varying size.
- Review functional specification and design documents to ensure that requirements are testable and to create test plans.
- Ensure that defect/bug reports are recorded and reported to the team in a timely manner, including giving input on priority and severity and closing resolved issues.
- Identify and communicate business risks relative to testing and implementation for evaluation by project teams.
- Coordinate additional staff testing support where required.
- Provide estimates and feedback to the Project Manager for project scheduling purposes.
- Maintain strong working knowledge of BrainPOP’s administrative systems, products and services for all website and app functionality.
- Ensure that defects uncovered in the test are recorded, summarized and utilized in post project reviews in an effort to improve the development and test processes.
- Continuously look for ways to improve the internal Quality Assurance process.
A qualified candidate will have:
- Excellent written and verbal communication, analytical, critical thinking, and problem solving skills.
- Enthusiasm for finding, regressing, and resolving issues.
- The ability to work with multiple teams simultaneously and be a team player.
- Understanding of basic project management, and experience working within scope/deadline styles common in software development.
- 3+ years (or 5+ major projects) experience testing complex web-based applications, including preparing, documenting, and executing test criteria, test cases, test scripts, and test plans for IT system projects.
- Knowledge of major QA and test automation tools such as (but not limited to) php unit tests, Jasmine, Selenium and Cucumber is a strong plus. Passion for emerging technologies that can enhance our QA processes.
An excellent candidate will also have:
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related technical field (and/or equivalent experience)
- A passion for organization and a sharp eye for detail.
- Experience with mobile, gaming, or learning platforms preferred. Experience designing and building test frameworks for stress and scalability testing is also a plus.
- Experience with educational software or the needs for software in schools and other learning environments.
BrainPOP’s office is located in New York City. This position is full-time with a competitive salary and generous benefits package. To apply, send a brief cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your full name and “QA Test Lead” in the email's subject. Sorry, no phone calls or recruiters.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
BrainPOP (www.brainpop.com) creates animated, curricular content that engages students, supports teachers, and bolsters achievement – in classrooms, at home, and on mobile devices. Our award-winning online resources include BrainPOP Jr. (K-3), BrainPOP, BrainPOP Español, and, for English language learners, BrainPOP ESL. We are also home to GameUp, an educational games portal for the classroom, and My BrainPOP, a tool that lets teachers create custom assessments and keep track of student learning. All resources are supported by our professional community, BrainPOP Educators. Mapped to the Common Core and aligned to academic standards, BrainPOP websites and mobile apps support individual, team, and whole-class learning in traditional, blended, and “flipped” settings. Our global sites host more than 17 million visits per month, and our mobile learning apps - downloaded millions of times - continually rank among the highest in the major app stores' education categories.
Back to Job Listings