Guest Blogger Nili Bartley on My BrainPOP, Grammar and the Flipped Classroom

October 10, 2014

Today's guest blogger, 4th grade teacher Nili Bartley from Hopkinton MA attended our first "Certified BrainPOP Educator"  workshop at ISTE 2014 in Atlanta. Read on to learn about Nili's success using...

Students Discover New Features on BrainPOP!

September 25, 2014

Last summer, 4th grade teacher, Nili Bartley, from Hopkinton MA learned about all the new interactive features on BrainPOP during a training at the ISTE conference in Atlanta, GA. Last week, Mrs. Bart...

Learn Principles of Ed Tech and Game Design with EdX online MOOC

September 19, 2014

You may be already be familiar with our colleagues at MIT's Education Arcade and Scheller Teacher Education Programs by playing any one of the three Lure of the Labyrinth math games on GameUp! Perhaps...

Free Online Gaming in Education Conference Begins Monday September 15!

September 15, 2014

BrainPOP is excited to partner with the Learning Revolution Project for the first annual Gaming in Education Virtual conference.  From Building a Local Community of Game-Based Learning Professionals...

Back to School 2014 with BrainPOP

September 5, 2014

Labor day has passed, and school is back in session!  Here are some ideas for using BrainPOP during the first few weeks of school. 1) Set up My BrainPOP with your students. Did you know that your s...

New On BrainPOP – Note-Taking Skills

August 20, 2014

Just in time for back to school, we introduce our newest movie topic page - Note-Taking Skills. Start the year with this one and prompt students to use best practices for watching BrainPOP movies  al...

Avoiding the “Summer Slump” with Math Games

June 26, 2014

Today's guest blogger, Derek Lomas, shares research about the dreaded summer slump and ways to support students from losing progress over the summer. Derek is a  learning scientist at Carnegie Mellon...

Where are Your “My BrainPOP” Classes and Quizzes?

June 18, 2014

In order to simplify BrainPOP, we have removed "My BrainPOP" class and quiz information from BrainPOP Educators.  Now, when you login to your personal My BrainPOP account, you'll see a new way to nav...

What Makes a Great Educational Game? Peek Into Our Game Evaluation Process and GLS 2014

June 6, 2014

There are a ton of really great games out there - but a lot of them never make it into the classroom. Why is this? The reasons include poor distribution, technical challenges, and a lack of teacher su...

Teach Coding with Robot Turtles!

May 23, 2014

BrainPOP is known for digital animations and games, but we invited guest blogger Charlotte Fixler to share about a fantastic non-digital board game that teaches principles of coding entitled Robot Tu...