Tim and Moby are migrating to mobile! The BrainPOP Featured Movie apps are available for Chrome users, and for the iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch. That version of the app – also available in Spanish and British English – has been downloaded more than 1,000,000 times and reviewed by over 5,000 individuals. It has been featured by Apple was recently recommended by the New York Times.
Though BrainPOP is pleased to have an app on all major mobility platforms we continue to think deeply about how we best fit into the new mobile ecosystem. One thing is for sure, at BrainPOP Educators we will support you by providing access to lesson plans, webinars, resources and FAQs that help you take BrainPOP on the road most effectively!
As the field of Mobile Education changes rapidly, so will this section of BrainPOP Educators. Tell us how YOU use the Featured Movie app. What do you think of the most recent changes? How could it improve? Share your great ideas, support our professional learning community, and get published on BrainPOP Educators. Get in touch!
- Up to the Minute: Use the Featured Movie to explain and discuss events in the news from natural disasters like the Japanese tsunami to momentous happenings like the World Cup kick-off.
- Daily Dose: Incorporate the Featured Movie into your daily classroom routines like a morning meeting.
- Spark: Foster online discussions using the Featured Movie on your blog or web site.
- Know It?: Use the Featured Movie quiz to see what students already know about a given topic.
- Apps: Integrate the BrainPOP Featured Movie app with other great apps to make postcards for Moby, create BrainPOP comics, and give Tim’s shirt an extreme make-over based on the day’s topic.
- Share & Collaborate: Tell us how YOU use the Featured Movie. Share your great ideas, support our professional learning community, and get published on BrainPOP Educators. Get in touch!